Wednesday 3 April 2013

Gradient Red Hair

HEY YALL
I decided to dye my hair yesterday at rachael's house and daisy came along to help! 
I used the la riche poppy red hair dye in case you're curious to know. It can be ordered online but the price ranges from $8 to $20 so dont be stupid and pay too much for it. I got 2 bottles for $8 each!

Its been six months since i dyed my hair red and actually i tried doing the gradient red hair previously but it failed,turning out as dip dyed instead.
SO i thought through really hard this time to make sure it'll work out!

This is how it looks now :) 


Rachael dyed her hair green first and i helped her with it! She didn't use bleach though so i couldnt really tell the difference in the end but i hope it can be visible during daylight cause the colour is really pretty!


And then it was my turn! I used this Hi-BLEACH brand, made in korea and with this girl who is making a damn weird face on the front of the box. Its $3.90 each and i only managed to get 2 of them cause the shop ran out of it!

You can find this in chinatown. I think when you tap out you go out of exit C and then on your right there'll be this food court thingy and you take the escalator up to the 2nd floor, turn right and walk to the shop right at the end! It's FOREVER crowded at the shop even if you go during a weekday because they sell damn cheap stuff like a packet of pads for $1+ or like a whole bottle of shampoo for a few bucks. 

This 1 shop occupies like 4 units along that corridor but their organization of items seriously sucks so just ask the shop owner where the bleach can be found!
This brand i heard,is used by many hair salons and its SUPER effective in allowing you to get the colour exact to the hair dye it always amazes me.

But i have to warn that the 1 box of bleach is only enough for around 3.5 inches of your hair. If you have long hair like me i think you should require idk,maybe 7-10 boxes of it to fully cover cause my hair is really really thick?I"M NOT EXAGGERATING LOL.



You have to mix the lotion and the funny powder to make the bleach haha.rachael was helping me with it and it looks as though she's playing with the poppin cookin thing,except you'll just die immediately after eating this shit.



Needless to say, the 2 boxes couldnt even cover half of my hair,it only covered like 1/4 of the bottom actually and i got SUPER worried cause i know the red dye wouldnt come out on the top part of my hair so i immediately called daisy before she reach rachael's place to help me get some emergency dye from watsons haha.

Anyway i waited for the Hi-BLEACH to turn like orangey after 55minutes before washing it off.should have put it on for a bit longer though but its ok i guess!


You can always get Gatsby hair bleach from watsons or guardian!
Because i wanted the gradient effect, with the top part of my hair less bright than the bottom so we picked the second one.

After daisy helped me with the gatsby bleach the bleach like refused to change colour wtf.
Or it just didn't look like it was changing colour i guess its because its "natural bleach" so unlike the Hi-BLEACH its a lot less damaging.
I had to put on the bleach for 1 over hour before it turned just like dark brown before i washed it off lol.i didn't dare leave it there any longer cause its also applied to my roots and i can FEEL THE CHEMICALS ON MY ROOTS its freaking scary.

But i think it was a good thing the Hi-BLEACH was only left with 2 boxes and i didn't have enough bleach cause it would have been a lot more damaging to apply that on my roots.

I highly highly recommend the natural bleach cause its a lot safer. I've heard about how people feel pain in their scalps after they bleach their hair but mine wasn't so bad but it felt pretty weird still.

I really am very thankful to have such patient friends like rachael and daisy to help me out with this cause the whole process took around 8 hours LOL.they were standing/sitting and applying all these things on my hair for at least 4 hours, getting their hands dirty and all.
I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

So the total cost for my hair was $35.10 + a lot of patience and help of awesome friends.would have probably cost $351.00 if i went to a salon to do this no kidding.


This girl keeps sniffing my hair HAHA.she even wanted to chew on it but i'm afraid the chemicals may affect her health so i scolded her -_-




gradient effect can be seen most clearly in the photo below I FREAKING LOVE IT.have been wanting this hair for such a long time?!







I"M HUNGRY how about ripping of some flesh from my owner's arm hmm.




Will be meeting grace and peishan for some partying tonight cause its peishan's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEISHAN,this is my 11th year knowing you and you're still retarded as ever HAHAHA.

Till next time <3 

3 comments: